SWWDGA Meeting Minutes:

SWWDGA  

Oct. 26, 2019

  • Welcome @ 1:20

    • In Attendance: Ann Moelhman, Jody Ashton, Pat Hendrickson, Tricia Ermert, Sheryl Horst, Julie Pirtle, Mark Emerich

  • President Report

    • Meeting Changes...Jody motioned to approve, Pat seconded it (PASSED)

      • Quarterly Membership meetings

      • Monthly Officers/Directors meetings (electronic or in person)

  • Secretary Report

    • last meeting was September 28, 2019

  • Treasurer’s report...working on itemizing 

    • Open Class Show

      • Final cost of show

      • Profit/Lost…-$56

  • Old Business 

    • Show     

      • Need new Show Chairman

      • May 16, 2020 needs to be reserved at Southwest WA Fairgrounds

      • Mark Baden working to get judges

        • Mark shared with Ann that he had found a couple of judges

    • 2nd Annual Goat Educational Day

      • January 25, 2020

      • Location: Centralia College

      • Mark Baden has agreed to speak 

      • ? 2nd speaker on Goat Nutrition

      • Cost of meal needs to be decreased over last year

        • Subway, Costco...

    • Sponsor DHIA meeting in January?

      • Jody Ashton offered to host this

      • Date to come later

    • How to attract members to meetings?

      • Hopefully meeting quarterly will help

  • New Business

    • Request for Sponsorship for 2019 Annual Convention in Boise

      • WE decided not to donate

    • Request from the Secretary of State for Annual Report

      • Jody will take care of this

  • Education at meetings

    • Way to “retain” new memberships

      • Quarterly meetings to come

    • Need old members to assist with topics presented at meetings

      • Wine and Cheese gathering

 

  • News from “MY Farm”

    • Round table discussion about what is going on at member’s farms

      • Mark...had a successful fall breeding

      • Pat...still unpacking from her new house move

      • Tricia...she has been contacted for buck use

      • Jody...not sure she will have goats bred this season

      • Ann...no more goats at her house :(

      • Julie and Sheryl...goat poor!  They now have fleece goats

 

  • Next Member Quarterly Meeting: 

    • December 7, 2019…DHIA Training/Meeting

      • Location: Jody Ashton’s House

        • 18218 Tamara Ln, Rochester, WA

    • January 25, 2020…2nd Annual Goal Education Class

      • Location: Centralia College

    • April 4, 2020…General Meeting 

    • May 2020...Doe Show

    • October 3, 2020...General Meeting

SWWDGA  

Sept 28, 2019

  • Welcome @ 1:38

    • In Attendance: Ann Moelhman, Bill Moomau, Jody Ashton

  • Secretary Report

    • last meeting was in April

  • Treasurer’s report...information to come

    • Open Class Show

      • Final cost of show

      • Profit / Lost

    • National ADGA Show

      • Hospitality Booth

  • Old Business 

    • Show     

      • Need new Show Chairman

      • May 16th is reserved show date at Southwest WA Fairgrounds

      • Mark Baden working to get judges

      • Why would the show make money in 2020?

    • 2nd Annual Goat Educational Day

      • January 25, 2020

      • Same Location

      • Mark Baden has agreed to speak on Judging Goats

      • ? 2nd speaker on Goat Nutrition

      • Cost of meal needs to be decreased over last year

        • Subway, Costco...

    • Sponsor DHIA meeting in January?

      • Jody Ashton offered to host this

      • Date to come later

    • How to attract members to meetings?

  • New Business

    • Request for Sponsorship for 2019 Annual Convention in Boise

      • Request for $250 from the club

    • Request from the Secretary of State for Annual Report

      • Jody will take care of this

  • Education at meetings

    • Way to “retain” new memberships

    • Need old members to assist with topics presented at meetings

      • Wine and Cheese gathering

  • News from “MY Farm”

    • Round table discussion about what is going on at member’s farms

      • Animals for sale, awards, additions to member’s farm

  • Next Meeting: October 26th at 1:00 at Moe’s House

SWWDGA Meeting

April 13, 2019

  • Call to Order:

    • Jody called the meeting order at 11:15, meeting closed at 12:26

    • Introductions/attendance: Adam & Hailey Pruitt, Mark Emrich, Moe Moelhman, Rodney & Boo Chapman, Jeannine & Sean Kelley, Jody Ashton

  • Secretary Minutes from March

    • Moe gave the minutes

      • Still waiting on a bill from the workshop

      • Medication and Nutrition is the goal for next year’s workshop

  • Treasurer Report…we are tabling the report until next meeting. 

    • Checking:

    • Saving:

  • Old Business

    • Education Grant

      • We came out on the positive with money from the grant for the workshop

    • Planning for 2020

      • Medication and Nutrition is the goal for next year’s workshop

  • New Business

    • Discussed a sale page/website option for members

  • Committee Reports

    • SHOW

      • Fairgrounds

        • Tamara Hayes the fairgrounds director says we have to “remove” EVERYTHING,

        • Panels: We have requested to have as many panels as they have

        • Parking/use of buildings:

        • Venders: we can have people vend but can NOT have people sell food

      • Insurance

        • Jeannine is getting the information from Pat about the information

      • Judges

        • Diane Heaney

        • Daniel Considine

        • David Funk

      • Secretaries: 6 positions

        • 2 positions still need filled

      • Ring Stewards: 3 positions

        • 2 positions still need filled

      • Breed Sponsors: 19 total

        • 9 sponsors needed

        • Best in Show Awards needed too

      • Showmanship: youth event

        • Moe is in charge and Rodney is promoting

      • Show Photo Booth

        • Area set up

        • $5 per photo…cash or card

      • Raffle/silent auction

        • Bring your new or gently used items for the raffle/silent auction

      • Sale Board

        • A sale board will be at the Show

        • Bring your ‘for sale’ and ‘searching for’ information to post on the board

      • Website for Entries

        • Jody is planning to figure this out by next year’s show

  • National Show

    • Money Pledge…$500

    • Pat will write the check and send it in

  • Local Fair sponsorship

    • Moe will contact Dawn Lantz at Thurston Co Fair and someone one at SWWFair

  • Mark Emrich:

    • had a woman contact him regarding her buck being sold illegally.  If you know any information please contact Mark

To Sponsor or for Show information please contact: Jeannine-  Jeannine.kelley@ymail.com

SWWDGA December 15, 2018

Meeting minutes @ Shaggy Aggy’s

 

Call to Order: Ann Moelhman called the start of the meeting 11:30am

Attendance: Jody Ashton, Jeannine and Sean Kelley, Ann Moelhman, Pat Henrickson, Caprice Smith, Marsha Hickman, Tricia Ermert, Mark Baden, Dorothy Wright

Reading of the Minutes:

  • Read by Jody, Pat moved to approve and Jeannine second

Treasurer’s Report:

  • Savings: $3111.44

  • Checking: $4287.64

Outstanding/new Bills:

  • Bill for Jessica for hosting the Website domain name

    • $117.08 paid

New Business:

  • Winter Education Seminar: January 26th at Centralia College

    • Workshop and Catered lunch

    • Goat Structure, ADGA Genetics presenters

      • Mark Baden

      • Dixie Lee Davis

    • We received a grant for $2000 from the Washington State Livestock Coalition

 

  • Judges for the May Show

    • Dan Considine

    • David Funk

    • Diane Heaney

 

  • Website information:

    • Marsha has volunteered her time to transferred information to Wix

    • Pat will contact with Jessica on transferring the domain name to Wix by the end of December

 

  • Discussion about adding a “marketplace” on the website or Facebook for paying members

 

  • Voting on current positions:

    • President:  Moe Mohlmann, Pat moved to pass a unanimous ballet, approved

    • Vice President: Caprice Smith has stepped down, Jeannine Kelley has volunteered, Moe nominated Jeannine, Pay seconded

    • Secretary: Jody Ashton volunteered to stay on, Mark moved to keep Jody, unanimous vote

    • Treasurer: Pat Hendrickson has volunteered to stay on for one more year, Caprice has volunteered to assist Pat, Moe moved a vote

    • Director #2 Jody moved to add Mark Baden to the position, unanimous vote

 

  • By-laws and Constitution Change

    • Tricia moved to approve the change, Pat seconded it

    • Jody will make the changes and email them out to members

    • Proposed additional language is highlighted:

    • Article V: Officers and their duties

      • Section 1: Elected officers shall be: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and three Directors

      • Section 2: The regular elected officers shall comprise of the Executive Board.

        • Officers will serve a one year term (with a limit of four consecutive years.)

        • Directors serve a three year term and are voted in consecutive years.

 

CONTINUED/ON GOING BUSINESS ITEMS:

  • Moe was contacted about sponsoring the National Show held in Oregon in July 2019

    • All of the Northwest Clubs have been asked to sponsor

    • $1,000 is the suggested sponsorship

    • Moe will send out an email for Members to vote on it

 

  • We need to consider donating $150 to go towards youth dairy goat classes at the local fairs

    • Moe will send out an email for Members to vote on it

 

  • Handbook for the show: Moe will contact Russ regarding this idea

    • Russ sent Moe and Pat a copy of his Dog Show handbook

 

  • Discuss having a basic goat care clinic/showmanship for our April Meeting

    • Moe is working on getting a venue and clinic presenters

 

  • Discuss paying for a stall at the local fairs to display our club info…still in the works

    • Jody and Mark will create fair displays

    • A fair list and sign up sheet will be ready in the spring

    • Jeannine will create a banner design so we can get a banner made for the shows

 

  • Show information: Pat is working with Jeannine on the Show…Thank you Jeannine

    • Exhibitor Fee on the Show entry form:  being removed from the form

    • Stall cleaning fee: we will add one dollar per entry to cover fair clean up expenses

    • Can we re-assign pens if people don’t show up at a certain time?

    • Add to Show info: If you are a ‘same day’ entry you may not get a stall?

 

  • Correspondence and bills:

    • Moe needs a check for paper towels for the renting of Shaggy Aggy’s

 

Next meetings:

  • January 5th DHIA class at Tumwater Timberland Library

  • January 26th Education Workshop at Centralia College

  • February Member Meeting: Possible Vet Visit

    • Saturday, February 16th at 11:00-1:00

    • Shaggy Aggy’s 6315 183rd SW Rochester, WA 98579

  • April Member Meeting: Showmanship

    • Saturday, April 13th @ 11:00-1:00

 

Adjournment:

  • Pat moved to Adjourn the meeting at 12:50 pm, Dorothy second it

September Meeting 2018

SWWDGA Meeting Agenda
September 15, 2018


Call to Order: Mark Emrich called the start of the meeting 11:25am

Attendance: Jody Ashton, Jeannine Kelley, Mark Emrich, Ann Moelhman, Pat Henrickson

Reading of the Minutes:
* Read by Jody, Mark moved to approve and Moe second

Treasurer's report
* Savings: $3111.44
* Checking: $4287.64
* Show Expenses:

Reports of special committees:
* Show Report (Pat):

Unfinished Business:
* Handbook for the show: Moe will contact Russ regarding this idea

New Business:

* Secretary of State Annual Report Due...Jody will take care of this
* Attraction to the Club??? Speakers...
* Show Sponsors need to turn in their prize early
* Can we work together with the NW Oregon Conference?
** Mark will contact the Secretary of that Conference
* Discuss having a basic goat care clinic in April
** Moe will work on getting a venue and clinic presenters
* Discuss paying for a stall at the local fairs to display our club info
** Jody and Mark will create fair displays
** A fair list and sign up sheet will be ready in the spring
* Discussion about changing/adding information about setting term limits on the officer positions
** Next time we have a meeting with a quorum we will vote on it
* A copy of the By-laws and Constitution needs to be posted on our website
* Advertising on the AI Clinic
** People shouldn’t be advertising on the Club website without some type of donation to the Club.
We are a non-profit organization and we should be mindful of this.
* Show information: Pat will do the Show one more year. She needs to train someone!
** Exhibitor Fee on the Show entry form: being removed from the form
** Stall cleaning fee: we will add one dollar per entry to cover fair clean up expenses
** Can we re-assign pens if people don’t show up at a certain time?
** Add to Show info: If you are a ‘same day’ entry you may not get a stall?

Correspondence and Bills:

* Pat needs the receipt from the lunches at the Show
* A 'thank you' note is being sent to Mary Chilton for her donations to the Show Raffle

Next Month's Meeting:
* October 27th (Saturday) from 1:00 to 3:00 at the Chehalis Timberland Library

Adjournment:
* Jody moved to Adjourn the meeting at 1:05pm, Mark second it

 

February Meeting 2018

SWWDGA Meeting Agenda
February 10, 2018 11:00 @ Jody Ashton's place

In attendance: Jody Ashton, Jeannine Kelley, Marsha Hickman, Mark Emrich, Caprice Smith, Tricia Ermert

a) Call to order by President, roll call of Officers, reading of minutes
* Call to order 11:00 by Caprice
* Read the minutes: Jody motioned to approve the minutes, Mark E. seconded

b) Treasurer's report
Checking: $1939.67
Savings: $2830.74
Petty Cash: $5.14
Total: $4775.55

c) Reports of Officers and standing committee
* Show Committee: May 19th
** Jody will contact FFA Chapters for youth to come be extra hands for show day
** Mark E: Questions...
*** Do we have a Show book?
*** When are contacts made?
*** Are there other venues we could look into using?

d) Reports of special committees
* Show Raffle and Auction:
** If you have items for the Raffle and Silent Auction contact Jody or Jeannine
** We have letters for local businesses...contact Jody if you need one for your favorite local business

* Collaboration with other Washington/Oregon Goat Clubs
** Caprice reached out to them and nobody got back with her

* "Come to the Farm" Caprice is making an account for this site
** Not going to use this option

e) Unfinished business
* Outreach/Education: What and When?
* Insurance details for meetings?
* County Fairs are not being sanctioned: No Reports Available
** Pat H
** Kris H
** Moe M

f) Correspondence and bills
* Caprice is sending out a card for a fellow member.

g) New business, including new assignments, programs and/or speakers

h) Discussion or reports of interest

i) Adjournment
* 12:04 pm Caprice motioned, Mark seconded

j) Social hour

Upcoming Meetings:
* March 10th: Pre-Show Meeting at 1:00 pm
** Location:
Bernita Narvaez house
22515 190th St East Orting, WA 98360

January Meeting 2018

SWWDGA Meeting Agenda
January 13, 2018 12:00 @ Rochester Middle School

In attendance: Pat Hendrickson, Jody Ashton, Jeannine Kelley, Marsha Hickman, Kristina Hafey, Mark Baden, John Rhondes, Rachael Heinrich, Nancy LaMott, Pam Gailey-Iselin, Becky and Mark Emrich, Russ Robinson, Ann Moelhman, Caprice Smith, Bill Moomau

a) Call to order by President, roll call of Officers, reading of minutes
* Call to order 12:00 by Moe
* Read the minutes: Moe motioned to approve the minutes, Mark E. seconded

b) Treasurer's report
Checking: $1815.00
Savings: $2830.74
Petty Cash: $5.14
Total: $4650.88
Mark E. motioned to approve treasurer's report, Moe seconded

c) Reports of Officers and standing committee
* Show Committee:
** Kathy Pandell: 3rd judge
** All the Show Sponsors have been covered
** Mark B asked to change the time and to adjust ring size to accommodate goats in milk and save time for judges
** We need to add a comment in the Show Rules about judges comments after a certain number of goats in each show
** Bill M brought in some older trophies for us to use for the show
** We need to make sure we have people to set up pens again
** We need to charge more than $5 for the pen clean-up for those people who use straw and don't clean it up

d) Reports of special committees
* Show Raffle and Auction:
** If you have items for the Raffle and Silent Auction contact Jody or Jeannine
** Nancy LaMott is donating a doeling for the Silent Auction

* Collaboration with Northwest Washington Dairy Goat Clubs
** Caprice is looking into the idea of sponsoring something for their show

* "Come to the Farm" Caprice is making an account for this site

e) Unfinished business

f) Correspondence and bills

g) New business, including new assignments, programs and/or speakers
* County Fairs are not being sanctioned: Moe asked what we can do to help
** Could we match the judges fee? $150 towards judges fee
** Moe will contact Thurston County Fair about attending one of their meetings to get info (Moe and Kris H will attend a meeting)
** Pat will contact Julie Pirtle from SWW Fair about sanctioning details

h) Discussion or reports of interest

i) Adjournment
* 1:26pm Becky motioned, Nancy seconded

j) Social hour

Upcoming Meetings: Times and Location TBD
* February 10th: General Meeting (Jody Ashton's place)
* March 10th: Pre-Show Meeting ( Moe is looking into a location)

Address